Add a Corrective Action
Corrective Actions can be instigated through the Management module or through Actions > Add Related Records.
1. Enter Nonconformance / Issue Details
- The date the corrective action was filed.
- Choose a suitable nonconformance category that describes the issue.
- Enter the details of the nonconformance or issue which is giving rise to the corrective action.
- Determine who is responsible for investigating the nonconformance.
- The Employee responsible for review of the investigation.
- Establish a date of completion for the investigation.
- Determine what the risk level that the nonconformance is likely to poise by selecting a risk value for each criteria (probability and severity).
- Attach or link to any document or website.
- Provide a detailed report for your justification of the risk values selected.
2. Complete Investigation / Root Cause Analysis
- The date of the Investigation.
- What was the Root Cause analysed.
- Enter your Investigation / Root Cause Analysis report including all pertinent information.
3. Specify Action Details
The action details section allows you to define certain corrective actions to be conducted. At a minimum you must;
- Enter the action required.
- The type of action it is (preventive, corrective, correction).
- Select the person responsible for carrying out that action.
- Add the deadline by which the action should be conducted. (At this point the form can be saved and will remain in an 'OPEN - Awaiting Action Details' state until the action is taken).
- The action taken can be entered here.
- Select the person who completed the action. (This may or may not be the 'responsible person').
- Select the date when the action was completed.
Once you have filled in the completed (highlighted in the picture) dates for all tasks, click "Save & Submit" and the workflow will move to its next stage.
4. Complete a Review
Corrective Action reviews should be conducted to determine the effectiveness of the root cause analysis and subsequent actions taken.
- Select the date of the review.
- Enter a summary of the report that was conducted.
5. Close out Corrective Action
Finally, you may now enter any final remarks to the issue upon closing the corrective action.