Add a Product Trace
Completing a Product Traceability Record (Video)
1. Enter Traceability Details
- Select the date of the product trace.
- Select the product to be traced.
- Select the production line the product is produced on.
- Enter the batch or lot number of the product.
- For each brand of the product being traced select the brand, enter the quantity, select the Date and time of Manufacture (DOM), and select the Durability Date.
2. Prepare Traceability Plan
The traceability plan tasks are added by default when the record is created however you are free to add, remove or change these tasks to suit the needs of your own product trace. For each task you should set the person responsible and a deadline date/time by which the task should be completed. As each task is completed you can update the 'completed by' person and date/time.
3. Record Traceability Event and Action Log
The Traceability Event & Action log allows you to keep a record of any pertinent events or actions.
- Select the date and time of the event or action.
- Enter the details of the event or action.
- Select the person that reported the event or action.
4. Define Document Checklist and Assessment
- In order to conduct an effective traceability exercise you must collate a series of important documentation required for a complete and thorough product trace. The various documents required are added by default when the record is created however you are free to add, remove or change these to suit the needs of your own product trace. For each document group select whether the required documentation is present, whether it is accurate and whether it includes the necessary trace data. You can also select the person who checked the documentation.
5. Conduct Material Trace (if required)
If, as part of this product trace you need to trace material or ingredient sub-components of the product then you case use this section for that purpose.
6. Complete Reconciliation / Mass Balance
- In order to reconcile the product trace you should enter the quantity of product which is currently in stock and which has already been shipped. For anything else you can use the Other field and make a note in the reconciliation report as to what this relates to.
- Displays the total of unaccounted product remaining.
- Shows the variance against your original product trace quantity as determined in the first section above.
- Enter your reconciliation report including any relevant details.
7. Close out Traceability
- Select the date and time the trace commenced.
- Select the date and time the trace finished.
- Complete the close out questionnaire making a note in the report column where necessary.
8. Conduct Post Traceability Review
You should conduct a final post traceability review and enter your report here.