Manage User Roles
User roles allow you configure which user groups have access to which part of the software. This way you can create a single template for all "Lab Technicians" for example without the need for creating different privacy settings for each user individually.
How to work with User Roles (Video)
1. User Role details
Give your User Role a name and select which solution it should apply to.
2. Define access permission for the user role
- Expand each software center to show the modules. By default a new user role will have access to all modules except for settings.
- Select which modules this user role will have access to
- Select which programs the user role will have access to and whether they are allowed to make changes or if they only have a read-only right
- Select which record types the user role will have access to and whether they are allowed to make changes or if they only have a read-only right
- Select whether the user role has access to the reporting tab or not
Important: No other user group besides Administrators should have access to the settings tab. This is because a user is able to change their privacy settings if they have access to the settings and allowing them to do so would make the idea of limiting their access obsolete.