Add a Control Model
A predefined control plan can be selected from a Control Model by selecting the “Add Control” button. The new control model feature in Safefood 360° allows users to predefine control plans. These Control Models can then be selected in the Control Planning stage of an assessment.
Creating a Control Model
1. Name: The name you would like to give your Control Model.
2. Folder: The location you would like to save your Control Model.
3. Control name: The name which describes the activity e.g. auditing.
4. Control limit: The specific point at which the product may become unsafe e.g. temperature in the case of a heat treatment control.
5. How: The control measure or procedure is conducted.
6. Responsible: Person who is responsible for ensuring the control measure is conducted as per specification and schedule.
7. Frequency: How often the control measure needs to be conducted e.g. every two years in the case of audits.
8. Corrective Action: The action to be taken in the event that the critical limits are not met.
9. Records: The record where the data and evidence supporting the fulfillment of the control is maintained.
10. Verification: The activity that confirms that all the elements of the control are in place, adequate and capable of producing safe and legal food.