Add a Unit of Measurement
Adding a new Unit of Measurement (Video)
What are units of measurement used for?
All categories, including units, are used to set up a predefined list of elements that can then be applied throughout the Safefood 360° solution without having to type these categories twice, or the fear of an operator not knowing the correct category. Units are used for measuring something - whether its quantity, size, velocity, volume, etc.
- Units of weight
- Units of height
- Units of product
- Units of density
1. Enter Unit of Measurement Details
- Enter the name of the unit.
- Save the Unit of Measurement into the Units folder.
- Enter a description of the unit.
- Enter the number of sub-units in this unit. In the example above, the unit comprises of 12x12 cartons which means each unit has 144 sub units.